There are plenty of product roadmap tools out there today. Still, our research has shown there is a clear need to improve product roadmaps to ensure teams of teams are aligned, the entire portfolio meets strategic business objectives, and there is efficiency in re-using components and increasing innovation. Many roadmap platforms today:
- Organize teams around one product at a time, not your entire portfolio
- Are more focused to meet the needs of developing software rather than physical products
- Can force you into specific ways of working rather than being flexible enough to adapt to the unique requirements different manufacturers do have
Struggle to understand the dependencies of product content across your product teams and your overall organization
In the recent Gocious webinar,
Product Roadmap Management - What is PRM, and why do you need it?
available to watch on-demand, our co-founder and CTO Maziar Adl with CMO Mark Kapczynski presented the latest from Gocious.
Maziar started the presentation by defining what a product roadmap management (PRM) system is – A platform for product managers in the manufacturing space to align their business objectives with their customer needs.
He then explained that product is at the center of any organization. As a product manager, you have the critical job of keeping everyone informed about what is happening.
The problem is that product managers in the manufacturing space have unique requirements, and modern product management software is, for the most part, geared towards software product development.
These tools don't address the stages of a release or keep tabs on the products' dependencies on other products/sub-products in the portfolio.
As a result, most organizations still use spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations to capture and communicate this complex information.
The Gocious PRM system solves these challenges by providing a central location to:
- Align your product strategies with your business objectives
- Measure and improve the performance of your portfolio both internally and against your competitors
- Clearly articulate the value of your product to key stakeholders
By implementing the Gocious platform, organizations now have a single view to understand how their product line roadmaps align with their customer and business objectives across the entire portfolio.
Interested in learning more about how we accomplish this?
You can download the webinar video and slides to hear the complete discussion and learn more about how Gocious helps product experts stay ahead of today's manufacturing challenges.